Friday 11 September 2009

Day 37: Boxing and Push Circuit 2

I keep going to bed too late because there is just so much to watch on Youtube, especially martial arts, you click on one and see another that catches your interest. I woke up had breakfast and biked for 50 minutes to the gym where the 3 of us do martial arts. The dojo was full of kendo and karate folks, we could hear the kiai from a fair distance. That meant we couldn't use the matted room so we went into the main hall downstairs. There was a group of volleyball girls going through their stuff there and I just could have sat there and watched them all day. They were so tasty mmm. Michael who was teaching us the boxing that day decided to move us to a different room, much to my chagrin -- No more staring at your University girls.

We started the session going over jabs and hooks. Also many of the defences to these hits. I've done this a long time ago with Michael so it felt familiar but I still am not comfortable getting hit, it has been a while. I'm just out of my comfort zone is all. We finished with some weighted hand punches to work the shoulders then neck strengthening stuff. I felt fit and strong through the workout but the neck stuff was just evil. I haven't worked on my neck muscles for a long long time and am definately gonna suffer tomorrow for it.

After biking home I was completely beat. I ate some spinach soup (made the previous night by moi) and then had a nap for nearly 2 hours. Woke up and did the Chalene workout. I have 2 painful locations now. The left hamstring and left shoulder so had to be careful with those. Maybe I am pushing too hard. I'm gonna put some menthol gel on those areas to relieve the pain.

One thing I am really into right now of course is BJJ (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) but to go along with it I discovered Gimnastica Natural which is hard to explain but seems to accompany the martial art and be a very natural warm up at the same time. I practice it a little at home and it really loosens you up.
Check out the youtube video below to see what it looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment